Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Links (09/05)

Source Code made for a worthwhile trip to the cinema, but I have been preoccupied with Boardwalk Empire this week. I have managed to finish the amazing 1st Season. I also saw a few films that had eluded me: The Battle of Algiers, The Red Shoes and Videodrome. All very different films, I know.

Here is the top film chatter from the last week:

Andrew @ Andrew At the Cinema recaps the first three episodes of the new HBO masterpiece, Game of Thrones.

The Mad Hatter @ The Dark of the Matinee has been tirelessly covering the Festival of Hot Docs.

Paolo reviews Pink Flamingos for Anomalous Material.


Nikhat reviews a film I consider to be one of the greatest ever, There Will Be Blood.

Film Intel review two of my favourite films from 2010 new to DVD, Winter's Bone and Blue Valentine.

Stevee @ Cinematic Paradox reviews Thor, the first Marvel blockbuster of the season. She was quite impressed.

Jack @ Jack L. Film Reviews is conducting a Silent Film Marathon. Two of the films he watched this week are the German Expressionist classics The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari and Nosferatu.

Thomas Caldwell @ Cinema Autopsy has written a great article investigating the censorship of sex in cinema, titled Lights, Camera, Action.

Tom Clift loved Paul, a film I also consider to be one of the funniest of the year to date.

Sam Fragoso @ Duke and the Movies recently reviewed American History X, grading it a perfect 4/4.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link dude - The Matinee goes back to normal as of Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Andy!

    Glad you saw The Red Shoes, it's a pretty wonderful film, one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for the link, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete