Monday, October 29, 2012

Monday Links (29/10/12)

It has been a couple of weeks since I posted an edition of Monday Links, but I have honestly not had time. I have been keeping up with the new releases - last week I watched Bachelorette (in cinemas Nov. 1), tonight I am watching Seven Psychopaths (Nov. 8) and tomorrow I plan to catch up on Frankenweenie. I have been indulging in a few re-watches (Margaret, Carnage and Attack the Block) and posting regularly at Graffiti With Punctuation.


There you can find my thoughts on The Master and my involvement in an interview with Director Paul Thomas Anderson, which was conducted last Wednesday.

Also there you can find my review of Hail, sure to be one of the most talked-about films of the year. If you're interested in winning some quality DVDs we have a Australian Film Buff gift pack giveaway running, courtesy of Madman Entertainment. Let us know your favourite Australian film to enter.

But, enough about what I'm up to, here is some fine work for your reading pleasure.

At An Online Universe Sam reviews Bachelorette and Chris reviews Robot and Frank. If you know Chris Elena then you also know his review of The Master is essential reading.

I also enjoyed Mike's analysis of The Master at Cue Dot Confessions.

Jessica recently caught up with The Omen and loved the ending. I should watch that film again. I remember really enjoying it.

Cloud Atlas certainly has me intrigued. Ryan (The Matinee) and Tom (MovieDex) certainly loved it.

Steven at Surrender to the Void took a look at the films of Sergio Leone for his most recent 'Auteurs Series'.

Kudos to Glenn Dunks at Stale Popcorn. His mission was to watch 31 horror films over the course of October - a challenge I might have to partake in next year. Here's his review of Amer.

I really must watch Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans. Simon analyses the classic.

Cam was tremendously moved by Searching For Sugar Man, and understandably so.

Tom Clift interviews Wake in Fright director Ted Kotcheff and reviews Robert Zemeckis' Flight.

Corey discusses the joys of re-watching movies. I am often rattling on about the importance of a re-watch in concreting your thoughts on a film. Great films take more than a watch to understand and appreciate, I think.

Oslo, August 31st is one of the best films I have seen this year. John reviews it. 

At Graffiti, Blake reviews Celeste and Jesse Forever, which is in cinemas next month.

Sam asks us to list our Top 10 Films of 40's at Duke and the Movies.

Bonjour Tristesse gave Holy Motors a big score. This makes me happy.

And finally, Alex is embarking on a Halloween Marathon. He breaks down the Friday 13th, Hannibal Lecter and Psycho franchises.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Andrew. Loving your blog and your stuff at GWP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link love. Next Month, Quentin Tarantino.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the trio of links, Andy! Reading the PTA interview now. Shit is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Andy. It's an awesome movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support everyone. Really enjoying writing for Graffiti. Keep up the awesome work, too!

    ReplyDelete