Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Radiohead: Concert & Personal Best-Of

On Monday night I was lucky enough to score a ticket to see Radiohead live in concert here in Sydney. I went with my girlfriend Sam, and my friends Blake and Patrick. What an unforgettable sensory experience. One of the best things I have ever done, for sure. Blake called it "Bucket List stuff." It's true. They are one of my favourite bands and seeing as this was their first tour of Australia in something like eight years, I may never get the chance to see them again.


We had ridiculously good seats - about a quarter of the way back in the seated section and directly in front of Thom Yorke - and the atmosphere was full of anticipation prior.

The show was phenomenal and demonstrative of the immense talent of the musicians, and how they have continue to evolve their sound over the last 20 years. They will certainly go down in history as one of the greatest bands of all time. It has been 19 years since Pablo Honey. Obviously, I wasn't listening to them then (nor was I when OK Computer came out in 1997, but it has become one of my favourite albums ever) but it is evident that they have remained relevant by evolving their style.

The walls of sound were epic, Yorke was a star, crazily dancing around the stage, and the ever-changing light show was stunning. They played for over two hours, returning for three encores. Insane.

Here is the complete setlist (the highlights in BOLD):

1. Bloom
2. Lucky
3. Morning Mr. Magpie
4. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5. Myxomatosis
6. The Gloaming
7. Seperator
8. Staircase
9. Videotape
10. Nude
11. Ful Stop
12. Lotus Flower
13. There There
14. Planet Telex
15. Feral
16. Bodysnatchers

Encore:
17. Give Up The Ghost
18. Pyramid Song
19. These Are My Twisted Words
20. Reckoner
21. Paranoid Android

Encore 2:
22. 15 Step
23. Everything In Its Right Place

Encore 3:
 24. Idioteque

And...

Here is my personal 'Best Of Radiohead' double album.

Disk 1 (1993-2000)

Talk Show Host
You
Blow Out
High and Dry
Fake Plastic Trees
Just
My Iron Lung
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For A Film)
Let Down
Karma Police
Electioneering
Climbing Up The Walls
No Surprises
Lucky
Everything in its Right Place
The National Anthem
Optimistic
Idioteque

Disk 2 (2001-2012)


Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box
Pyramid Song
You and Whose Army?
I Might Be Wrong
Knives Out
2 + 2 = 5
Sit Down. Stand Up.
Where I End And You Begin
There, There
A Punch Up At A Wedding
A Wolf At The Door
15 Step
Bodysnatchers
Nude
Reckoner
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Videotape
Morning Mr. Magpie
Separator
Lotus Flower

6 comments:

  1. Radiohead aka THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

    That's a band I'm still eager to see live but either I never have the money or was just too sick to go to. The spring is the worst time for me due to allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some Radiohead. Curiously I wasn't in love with OK Computer first time I heard it but since then it's become one of my favourite albums, and certainly the band's best. My ten favourite songs of theirs, in chronological order: Fake Plastic Trees, Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Climbing Up the Walls, Everything in its Right Place, Optimistic, You and Whose Army?, All I Need, Videotape, Lotus Flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah I would kill to see Radiohead live. I have become quite the rabid fan lately. Excellent list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything in its Right Place has to be the greatest set closing song of all time.

    Also have to say you are pretty lucky, I've seen them quite a few times, but never have they come back out for a third encore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Glad you got to see them! They are awesome! I saw them in the spring, and it was a fantastic show. I like your Best of Radiohead lists. Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete

  6. เหมาะที่จะหารายได้แถมยังมีโอกาศได้ลุ้นรับรางวัลและโบนัสมากมายอีกด้วยสล็อตpgแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete